About the Position:
We strive to provide the highest level of service and factory support to Volvo Penta leisure and commercial customers. Our family-owned and operated company offers secure, non-seasonal work. We invest in our employees, offering on-the-job training as well as continuous factory training to allow our employees to grow professionally. Individual advancement is based on job performance efficiency and training qualifications.
We have one of the largest genuine Volvo Penta Parts and Engine inventories in the country with the highest standard of service and support. We strive to be a customer-focused distributor of Volvo Penta marine engines and parts.
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Assist in shipping
- Answer phone calls and assist customers at counter
- Parts look up on computer system
- Set up advertising displays or arrange/clean merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales
- Pulling parts
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer
- Climb ladders to pull parts and package them for customers
- Answer customer questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise
- Total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill
- Accept payment and make change. Wrap or bag merchandise for customers
- Remove and record amount of cash in register at end of shift
- Calculate sales discount to determine price
- Keep record of sales, prepare inventory of stock and order merchandise
- Reports parts discrepancies to parts manager
- Keep the showroom clean and orderly
- Stays current on product knowledge
- Pick up and/deliver parts when necessary
- Customer/Client Focus
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a retail business environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving technical parts, and vibration.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 5PM with alternating shifts on Saturdays from 9 AM – 1PM.
Parts assistant may be required to pick up/drop off parts or tools with a company provided vehicle.
Required Education and Experience
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Previous retail or customer service experience
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
Who We Are:
Established in 1988, Helmut’s Marine Service is the Authorized Volvo Penta Power Center of both Gas and Diesel Engines. We sell and distribute parts and engines to CA, HI, AZ, NV, NM, UT, and Guam. We have a skilled team of technicians who work on Volvo Penta Gas and Diesel engines exclusively, performing anything from maintenance to repowering.
What We Offer:
* Long-term, non-seasonal work
* 100% Healthcare
* Retirement Plan
* Sick Time
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 – $33.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Apply For This Position